Technology in Education
Technology in Education
One of the topics I reflected on
this week is the ongoing struggle educators face with students’ use of
technology in the classroom. The challenge is not the technology itself, it is
how students use their devices during instruction for purposes unrelated to
learning. This issue is even more obvious in secondary schools, where classroom
management plays a major role in students’ learning experiences.
Although many schools have
policies that prohibit cell phone use during class, students often use their
phones anyway.
I keep thinking there must be alternative
approaches to address this issue. From my experience teaching different age
groups, I’ve learned that creating multiple engaging activities to keep
students actively involved is often more effective than repeatedly telling them
to put their phones away. This is just my personal experience, but students
seem deeply attached to their phones, and constant reminders rarely change
their behavior. Instead of fighting this reality, perhaps we should explore
instructional approaches that make sense for their generation. While this is
not my preferred way to teach or learn, I have learned to adjust to new
situations.
Comments
Post a Comment